Arose at 6 being Easter Monday we had some jolly good sport called BMSS “Orient” sports, comprising:-
- 1st – Three legged race for men over 20
- 2nd – Sack race for boys under 14
- 3rd – Tug-O’-war 6 a side, Married V Single
- 4th – Water carrying race. I.E. To run with a bucket of water on one’s head without spilling it
- 5th – Diving for coppers for children
- 6th – Cock fighting (not real)
- 7th – Rope climbing
- 8th – Lemon Race
- 9th – Tup-O’-war Ship’s company
- 10th – Barrrow Race
- 11th – Gymnastics competition
Everyone enjoyed themselves as if they had been at home. The day’s festivities came to a close by the singing of the National Anthem.
Distance 325 miles.