We’re excited to advise that the admin building at Cranbourne East was reopened by the City of Casey on 2 July 2020. This means that we are able to access the Research Room once again. The committee have thought long and hard about what services we’re prepared to offer to members in these early days and with the welfare of members and volunteers paramount in our thoughts we cannot resume operations that would resemble pre Covid-19 days. Therefore, we have chosen to go down the same path many libraries have travelled and offer borrowing/returning services to members only during the month of July. During this time we’ll be monitoring developments to see whether we can expand operations without sacrificing the health and safety of our members.
We have decided to open the Research Room to members only from Tuesday 7 July 2020 – but things will be a little different. Please acquaint yourself with our Covid-19 Rules if you intend to visit. We advise that only committee members will be ‘doing duty’ during July and they will be making sure that the rules are being observed at all times for everyone’s sake!
Narre Warren & District Family History Group Covid-19 Research Room Procedures
- Open hours – 10 am to 12 noon
- No more than 3 people in the Research Room at any one time (including the volunteer)
- Members only (accompanied by one other person if necessary)
- You will need to make an appointment with the rostered volunteer in order to visit, if possible please advise us of the resources you require so that we can prepare for your visit
- Social distancing must be practised at all times – a minimum of 1.5 metres
- You will be asked to supply a contact phone number by the volunteer on duty who will sign you in and out of the room
- There will be disinfectant wipes, disposable gloves, hand sanitiser, soap and single-use towels available, please use them when coming into the Research Room
- The doors will be open so you won’t need to touch the door handles
- Only borrowing or returning of printed material at this stage. The computers and microfiche are not available for use, nor are the kitchen facilities
- The Research Room is not available to Research Room Volunteers as it would normally be for use outside of hours – we have withdrawn the key from the library desk
- Entry will be through the radio station doors only to avoid queues in the library – the door from the library will remain closed
- If you are unwell – please do not come to the Research Room