After some long and careful consideration of a wide range of issues we have decided to reopen the Lorraine Taylor Research Room on Tuesday 1st February and see how we go.
The health and safety of our Research Room volunteers, members and visitors is of the upmost importance to us, and it’s for this reason that we have made a significant number of changes to our normal operating hours and procedures for February. We will be closely monitoring the Covid situation and feedback from our volunteers, members and visitors and will alter our hours and procedures for March and beyond if necessary.
Owing to a significant drop in our pool of volunteers and the need to limit numbers in the Research Room we have reinstated the Eventbrite booking system. There will be no one in attendance if we have no bookings for that session – so you must prebook a session time.
This will allow us to limit the number of people in the Research Room to a maximum of two members/vistors and one duty volunteer (two if one is training) and to limit the time spent in the room to 2 hours.
Details for February openings:
- We will be open Monday to Saturday
- Morning Session 10 am to 12 noon & Afternoon Session 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm
- Members and visitors may only attend one session per day
- We will not be charging visitors fees due to the reduced session times
- We will ask all members/visitors to sign in using the Service Victoria app and to show our duty volunteer proof of vaccination. We will also require all members to sign our sign-in book with a name and telephone number.
- Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing will be maintained at all times
- Doors to the library and the admin building corridor will be open during all sessions and the air conditioning will be on to assist with air flow
- The kitchen facilities will not be available for use – but there is an excellent cafe on site
- Antibacterial wipes and spray, hand sanitisers, soap and single use towels are all available in the room for your use – please use them.
- Our Covid-19 Plan is displayed near the front desk – please familiarise yourself with it
All February sessions can be booked at http://nwfhg.eventbrite.com Please contact Lynne (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re having trouble booking a session – we can book you in manually.